* 본 문서는 배포용으로 복사 및 편집이 불가합니다.
ㆍ발행기관 : 한국중앙영어영문학회 ㆍ수록지정보 : 영어영문학연구 / 48권 / 3호 / 213 ~ 232 페이지
ㆍ저자명 : 이상오
ㆍ저자명 : 이상오
영어 초록The purpose of this paper is to claim that there is little reason to think that control is a special phenomenon of movement. The approaches advocated by Hornstein(1999, 2001) and Chomsky(2000, 2001) have a certain appeal, but they are not without serious problems. Hornstein’s movement analysis of control constructions overgenerates ungrammatical sentences and has theory-internal problems. His “control as movement” approach presents no obvious way to block the incorrect outputs of control. Chomsky’s analysis of control structure as a consequence of the syntactic operation “Agree” also has some conceptual problems based on the movement analysis of PRO, which assumes that after PRO agrees with control T, PRO moves to the Spec of TP to meet the Extended Projection Principle (EPP) and then PRO is assigned with the null Case. The argument against the PRO-movement analyses is based on the empirical evidence from the behavior of floating quantifier all (Baltin(1995)), and conceptual consideration that the EPP is a phonological requirement (Lasnik(1999)). They are discussed to show the evidence that PRO does not move to the subject position of control T which does not allow the EPP-feature unlike other finite clauses and that PRO agrees in the base-generated position in order for its derivation to be converged.
"영어영문학연구"의 다른 논문
- 블레이크와 결혼의 문제19페이지
- The Existence of Anxiety in a Receptive Skill of Englis..19페이지
- 로버트 브라우닝의 기독교 신앙 탐색 - 「파라셀서스」를 중심으로 -20페이지
- 정체 탐구 : 유진 오닐의 희곡 읽기15페이지
- Fantasy Literature in English Literary Education : Imag..16페이지
- A Sociolinguistic Approach to Foreign Language Teaching..23페이지
- 헤밍웨이 작품 속 주인공 닉 아담스18페이지
- 용서와 초월 : 예이츠의 『쿠훌린의 죽음』 주제 연구20페이지
- 안젤라 카터의 전복적 글쓰기 - 「유혈의 방」(“The Bloody Chamber”)을 중심으로20페이지
- Slaughterhouse-Five에 나타난 메타픽션과 과학소설 기법18페이지