소개글Nanta에 관한 기사입니다
본문내용`Nanta' to Land on Broadway
“난타”, 브로드웨이 상륙
By Kim Ju-young
The hit nonverbal performance ``Nanta,ꡑꡑ known as ``Cookinꡑꡑ in English, will be the first Korean stage production to make it to the Mecca of plays, New Yorkꡑs Broadway. ``Nantaꡑꡑ is slated to run from March 22 to April 25 in 2004, an official at PMC Production, which created the show, said yesterday.
``We will kick off the show at the New Victory Theater in the center of Broadway. The theater also agreed to consider extending its run after seeing the audience response,ꡓ he said.
With its exciting beats and comical fun, the performance was a sensational success here when first performed in Seoul in 1997. Since then, it has earned much acclaim abroad, debuting at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in August 1999. Its tour to Austria, Britain, Germany and Ireland in 2000 boosted its popularity overseas again. Another tour of 55 cities in the U.S. was canceled due to the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks last year.
``Nanta,ꡑꡑ which means ``to punch recklessly,ꡑꡑ was produced in an attempt to create a new form of ``samulnoriꡑꡑ or traditional percussion quartet performance. Instead of using traditional instruments and performing outdoors, the producer moved the setting to a restaurant kitchen, using knives, pots, pans, dishes and brooms, among other things, to make music.
The program director of the New Victory Theater, Mary Rose Lloyd, first saw the show at the new Nanta Theater in Seoul last year and proposed its Broadway debut, the PMC official said. The company opened its own 300-seat theater near Toksu Palace in central Seoul.
``Nantaꡑꡑ is scheduled to perform in Germany in October and make its first tour of America in November. It will also join international festivals in Russia, Italy, Australia and New Zealand next year.
*원하는 자료를 검색 해 보세요.
- 영자신문해석 2페이지
- Korea Herald -KCCI urges more purchases of 'Environment Mark' goods -2002년 09월 30일 (월) 18:55 한국 상공 회의소 환경마크 제품의 구입을 촉진할 것을 주장하다. The Korea Chamber of ..
- 영자신문해석 6페이지
- A Picasso Among Works Stolen By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Published: May 20, 2010, NEWYORKTIMES Filed at 10:28 a.m. ET PARIS (AP) -- A lone thief stole fiv..
- 일부다처제에 대한 영자신문 해석과 나의의견 5페이지
- A House, 10 Wives: Polygamy in Salt Lake City 한가정에 10명의 부인 : Salt Lake city의 일부다처제 Rocky Baker's house is bigger than it looks. 록키 베이커의 집은 보기보다 훨씬 크다...
- 미국 영자신문 뉴욕타임즈(NYT)사설 번역/해석 단어 숙어 정리. 9페이지
- Drawing a Line in the Water <2010/12/14> THE crisis in the Yellow Sea, which was set off by the North Korean shelling of South Korea’s Yeonpyeong Isla..
- [영어] 영자신문사설 해석(New start for Daewoo Motor) 4페이지
- 2001.9.21 New start for Daewoo Motor 대우자동차의 새로운 출발 In its struggle for survival, Daewoo Motor Co.`s latest advertisement copy is asking simply whether..
- (코리아헤럴드)영자신문 해석본(아프간피랍인질) 3페이지
- All hostages freed, will come home soon 모든 인질들이 석방되었고 곧 집으로 돌아 올 것이다. All hostages freed, will come home soon Taliban release the remaining 7 captives..
- [영자 신문 해석] Scanning the land for a star 2페이지
- Scanning the land for a star The rating system applied to fence out underage moviegoers and television audiences has its roots in a scale that measure..
이 자료와 함께 구매한 자료
위 정보 및 게시물 내용의 불법적 이용, 무단 전재·배포는 금지되어 있습니다. 저작권침해, 명예훼손 등 분쟁요소 발견시 고객센터의 저작권침해 신고센터를 이용해 주시기 바랍니다.
1 . 파일오류
2 . 중복자료
3 . 저작권 없음
4 . 설명과 실제내용 불일치 자세히보기