[경제학 원론] Economic Crisis in Korea (1997)
등록일 2002.03.26 MS 워드 (doc) | 22페이지 | 가격 1,000원
소개글한국의 IMF 발생원인과 현황등을 정리한 자료 입니다.
MBA 공부하던 시절에 쓴 레포트라 영문입니다. ^^*
본문내용The currency crisis that started in Thailand in July 1997 brought the financial collapse in whole Asia. By late 1997, its contagion spread to Indonesia, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and Korea. In two months from October to December, the Korean won depreciated by 112 percent against U.S. dollars and it brought the country's sovereign issue. More than 17,000 companies went bankrupt including 8 conglomerates in two months in 1997.
During the research for Korean crisis, I realized that the current crisis is quite different from traditional ones such as Latin American crisis in the 1980's. Korean current crisis had little do with the mismanagement of monetary and fiscal policy or negative changes in the external environment. The concerning factors of the Korean crisis would be excess debt financing and weak regulation of financial intermediaries.
In my opinion, because Korean currency crisis is due to extreme loss of foreign monetary funds, the best way to understand which factors initiated the loss of foreign investor's confidence in Korea is to analyze the evolution of the crisis from the foreign investor's point of view. In this paper, I will analyze what are the causes of the crisis, what Korean government did about the currency collapse and whether Korean crisis was predictable.
참고 자료Bank for International Settlements
1998 Maturity, Sectoral and Nationality Distribution of International Bank Lending.
1997 The Asian Monetary Crisis: Proposed Remarks, Statement before the Committee on Banking and Financial Services, U.S. House of Representatives
Goldfajn, Jeffrey A. and Andrew K. Rose
1997 Capital Flows and the Twin Crisis: The Role of Liquidity. IMF Working Papers WP/97/87
Kaminsky, Graciela and Carmen M. Reinhart
1997 The Twin Crisis: The Causes of Banking and Balance of Payment Problems. International Finance Discussion Paper. No 544. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
Kaminsky, Graciela, Saul Lizondo, and Carmen M. Reinhart
1997 Leading Indicators of Currency Crises. IMF Working Papers. WP/97/79
Lee, Young-Seop and Lee, Chong-Wook
1998 Was The Korean Currency Crisis Predictable. Mimeo ( Korean Version )
1997 A Reexamination on the Real Effective Exchange Rate of the Won. Policy Research Paper 97-05, Korean Development Institute ( Korean Version )
Shin, I and Hahm, J
1998 The Korean Crisis: Causes and Resolution. Korean Development Institute ( Korean Version )
The Bank of Korea: http://www.bok.or.kr/
Investment Caf? http://www.hum-net.com/htmls/default.htm
Internet News Papers
MAEIL Business Newspaper: http://www.mk.co.kr/ 1997
CHOSUN Business Newspaper: http://www.chosun.com/ 1997, 1998
SEOUL Business Newspaper: http://www.hk.co.kr/sed.htm/ 1998
*원하는 자료를 검색 해 보세요.
- USA financial crisis 5페이지
- The U.S. economy is currently experiencing its worst crisis since the financial crisis. The crisis is triggered by the home mo..
- 자유시장의 붕괴 / Decline of Free Market Caplitalism and .. 11페이지
- Venezuela – Socialism and its success (Hugo Chavez's ideal economic driven politcal system) North Korea – Mixture ..
- Economic crisis in the U.S. power point 10페이지
- California The following graph depicts Bankruptcy Court Filings in the Bankruptcy Court located in US/CAsince 2000 Small-bus..
- Economic crisis in the U.S. / fashion smaill busin.. 6페이지
- "While bankruptcies are up, overall, small-business closures are up even more," –Los Angeles Times California has been part..
- cause of financail crisis 3페이지
- Development of telecommunication and transportation lead to expansion of products, services and labor trade as well as capital..
이 자료와 함께 구매한 자료
위 정보 및 게시물 내용의 불법적 이용, 무단 전재·배포는 금지되어 있습니다. 저작권침해, 명예훼손 등 분쟁요소 발견시 고객센터의 저작권침해 신고센터를 이용해 주시기 바랍니다.
1 . 파일오류
2 . 중복자료
3 . 저작권 없음
4 . 설명과 실제내용 불일치 자세히보기